Electric Mega Series
These automatic self cleaning suction electric types, specially designed for very high flows – up to 14,000 m3/hr, (61,600 gpm) combine the advantages of high quality filtration from different water sources (sewage, reservoirs, rivers, lakes and etc.), with self-cleaning feature, offering the customer a continuous water supply.
The filter is comprised of one or several filtering elements in one body, enabling the user to enjoy the advantages of a sophisticated automatic filter for high flows in a single body, saving footprint and the need for a battery of filters.
The filters are designed for use in wide range of industrial, municipal and irrigation applications.
The main element is made of stainless steel with a large filtration open area for water flow in order to withstand high dirt load and pressure.
Cleaning of the screen is performed once the pressure loss (ΔP) across the filter has reached the preset value [up to 0.5 bar (7psi)].
The flushing valve opens and pressure in the flushing chamber and the dirt collector is significantly lowered resulting in a suction process via the suction nozzles to the dirt collector, and from there through the flushing valve outside. The electric motor simultaneously rotates the dirt collector and moves it along its axis. The combination of the vertical movement and rotation guarantees that the suction nozzles will cover the entire internal screen surface, efficiently cleaning the screen. The whole process takes 15-20 seconds.
During the whole process water supply is uninterrupted.
Flushing can be performed by one or more filter elements simultaneously.
- Inlet/outlet parallel, on an axis of 90° or 180°.
- The filters are electrostatically coated with polyester or epoxy coating at a thickness of 150-200 µm (micron meters) and oven cured.
- Filters are supplied with a stainless steel screen, available in varying micron sizes as needed: 10-3000 µm (micron meters).
- Maximum recommended working pressure: up to 10 bar (145 psi).
- Minimum operating working pressure during flushing: 2.5 bar (36 psi).
- Maximum water temperature: 65°C (149°F)
- Clean screen pressure loss:up to 0.1 bar (1.45 psi).
- Minimum flushing flow (3" valve): 50 m³/h,(220 gpm)
- Filters are designed to order from 16"-54".
- A time basis backup (preset by the customer), guarantees that flushing cycle will occur even if the head loss has not reached the preset value.
1. Electric Valve
2. Electric Motor
3. Spiral drive axis housing
5. Fine Screen
6. Dirt collector
7. Suction Nozzles
8. Inlet Chamber
9. Drain Valve
10. Solenoid valve
11. Terminal connections Assembly
12. Pressure Gauge
13. Pressure differential
14. PLC controller