Granular Multi-Media Filters
ODIS granular multi-media filters (M-M series) are suitable for a wide range of applications, from the removal of colloidal suspensions to the treatment of conditioned water, heavily polluted with organic matter, algae and dirt. The several series of granular M-M filters feature media layers of different heights. In each series, filters with different diameters and types of filtering media are available. Filter choice is based on the type and characteristics of the application.
The following parameters should be considered:
- Flow rate
- Nature of solids
- Chemical characteristics of the media
- Water source
- Required quality of treated water
- Backwash water source
|Treatment of drinking water, iron and manganese separation from water and pretreatment for reverse osmosis.
||Filtration of cooling tower water, tertiary treatment of sewage reclamation for irrigation purposes, filtration of swimming pool water, recycling of car-wash water and more
||Filtration of cooling water in closed cycle systems, filtration of industrial water and separation of algae from water.
Odis M-M Filter Features
- Uniform filtration with even raw water distribution through out the filter bed
- Uniform evacuation of wash water
- Effective regeneration of the filter bed due to the high rate of up-flow; expansion and "fluidization" of the bed remove the accumulated debris (solids captured during
- the filtration cycle)
- No channeling or formation of mud balls
- Scouring and washing of each filtering element to prevent and control biological growth in the filter
All multi-media filters feature ODIS original and uniquely effective design and
- The filter is divided into two chambers by a plate covered with conical diffusers for uniform dispersal of the water and effective use of the entire media volume (Model E400-400).
- Stable and highly efficient filtration materials are used: crushed anthracite coal, crushed basalt and natural quartz sand.
- For special applications, granular active carbon, resins and different combinations of media are available in accordance with customer requirements and ODIS recommendations. For some applications, in accordance with customer requirements and ODIS recommendations, the up-flow water wash can be conjoined with an air scour opera operation.